I see a couple of people had similar issues. But the fix didn't seem to apply to mine. So I'll ask here:
I'm going to upgrade my Confluence from 7.4.4 to 7.13.0.
In the past, I've always taken a dump of postgres. However when I try it now, I get:
[root@atlassian pgsql-9.6]# pg_dump -U confluenceuser confluencedb -f confluence-08-26-21.sql
pg_dump: [archiver (db)] connection to database "confluencedb" failed: FATAL: Peer authentication failed for user "confluenceuser"
Ownership looks correct:
postgres=# \l
List of databases
Name | Owner | Encoding | Collate | Ctype | Access privileges
--------------+----------------+----------+-------------+-------------+-----------------------
confluencedb | confluenceuser | UTF8 | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 |
Now, when I upgraded Confluence about a year ago, I do recall having to upgrade Postgres as well and I also had to fix the DB collation. But it has been running fine.
Why would my pg_dump not work anymore?
Or perhaps this step is no longer necessary