Hi
This is probably a network/ firewall issue. I don't think the port for gmail smtp is 25.
I found Gmail's SMTP settings on https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7126229?hl=en
Try enabling the TLS checkbox and use port 587
You'll also have to make sure your firewall allows connections to that port
Thank you for your answer. However, when I do this, I get an error like this.
Have you tried selecting the secure smtp option in the protocol field?
You can also try port 465. Try the multiple combinations of Protocol and 587/465 port. I don't have a Jira server where I can test this at the moment.
I think you also need an https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en in gmail but the error you are getting is certainly not related to that
When I type 587, I get this error. I keep getting the same error when I type 465.
Please note that you have this question posted in Jira service management. If indeed you are using JSM, you do not use the email handler as being presented. That is for Jira software.
with JSM you set up your email channel under project settings email requests.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.