I am looking to migrate by small local Confluence Server installation to an Atlassian Cloud implementation. Clicking the Migration Assistance immediately displays an error message. I have no idea how to move forward with debugging this error. Error below and thanks!
org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of method 'getInitialState' in class com.atlassian.migration.agent.web.AppAction threw exception com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: java.lang.ClassCastException: class java.time.LocalDateTime cannot be cast to class java.lang.String (java.time.LocalDateTime and java.lang.String are in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap') at /templates/app.vm[line 21, column 44]at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTIdentifier.execute(ASTIdentifier.java:228)caused by: com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: java.lang.ClassCastException: class java.time.LocalDateTime cannot be cast to class java.lang.String (java.time.LocalDateTime and java.lang.String are in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap')at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.getInterruptibly(LazyReference.java:149)caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: class java.time.LocalDateTime cannot be cast to class java.lang.String (java.time.LocalDateTime and java.lang.String are in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap')at liquibase.changelog.StandardChangeLogHistoryService.getRanChangeSets(StandardChangeLogHistoryService.java:324)
Hi John,
Good morning, and thank you for raising this with us!
The error you receive looks like it may be related to the following bug:
Can you let me know if you are using MySQL, and if so, what are your MySQL and JDBC driver versions?
If you're using the 8.0.23 driver, please downgrade to 8.0.22 or earlier and try the migration assistant again.
If that works, it confirms you are affected by the bug. We have a local bug ticket below for issues related to this with our migration assistant:
I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any trouble!
Take care,
Shannon
Thanks for the response. I was in fact on 8.0.23. If I downgrade to 8.0.22, the web interface will not load at all. I can upgrade to 8.0.26 (which is also my current MySQL version) and the web page loads. But, not the migration assistant (still). Downgrade to 8.0.23 and the web page loads but no migration assistant. Downgrade again to 8.0.22 and the whole site is down again.
The below is the current file./opt/atlassian/confluence/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/mysql-connector-java-8.0.22.jar
Below is the whole site error message when I attempt to load the site when 8.0.22 is installed.
HTTP Status 500 – Internal Server Error
Type Exception Report
Message An exception occurred processing [errors.jsp] at line [13]
Description The server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request.
Exception
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: An exception occurred processing [errors.jsp] at line [13]
10: <link rel="shortcut icon" href="johnson/fav-confluence.ico">11: <%12: JohnsonPageI18NProvider johnsonPageI18NProvider = (JohnsonPageI18NProvider) BootstrapUtils.getBootstrapContext().getBean("johnsonPageI18NProvider");13: String translations = johnsonPageI18NProvider.getTranslations().serialize();14: %>15: <script>16: window.i18n = <%=translations%>;
Stacktrace:org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:626)org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:515)org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:385)org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:329)javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:733)com.atlassian.confluence.util.AbstractBootstrapHotSwappingFilter$SwapOnBootstrapFilter.doFilter(AbstractBootstrapHotSwappingFilter.java:55)com.atlassian.core.filters.AbstractHttpFilter.doFilter(AbstractHttpFilter.java:32)com.atlassian.confluence.util.AbstractBootstrapHotSwappingFilter.doFilter(AbstractBootstrapHotSwappingFilter.java:35)
etc, etc....
Thoughts or suggestions?
Thank you for your reply. By chance, was Confluence running when you made the change? You may need to stop Confluence completely, clear the cache, and start it again.
Let me know how that goes!
Not running (and I tried it again).
While it was running, "Administration > Cache Statistics > Flush All"sudo systemctl stop confluence.servicesudo dpkg -i mysql-connector-java_8.0.22-1ubuntu20.10_all.debsudo mv /usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java-8.0.22.jar /opt/atlassian/confluence/confluence/WEB-INF/libsudo rm /opt/atlassian/confluence/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/mysql-connector-java-8.0.26.jarsudo systemctl start confluence.service
While it was running, "Administration > Cache Statistics > Flush All"
sudo systemctl stop confluence.service
sudo dpkg -i mysql-connector-java_8.0.22-1ubuntu20.10_all.deb
sudo mv /usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java-8.0.22.jar /opt/atlassian/confluence/confluence/WEB-INF/lib
sudo rm /opt/atlassian/confluence/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/mysql-connector-java-8.0.26.jar
sudo systemctl start confluence.service
I can tell when I watch HTOP if it's going to fail. The CPUs run about twice a long when Confluence is coming up properly. After doing the above I just get the web page error noted above.
I then perform the above to re-install mysql-connector-java-8.0.26.jar, and Confluence loads fine. Naturally, still no Migration Assistant then. Thoughts?
I have the exact same problem. Were you able to resolve this?
hi shannon, we have same problem. i'm looking to migrate to cloud also, our version of mysql is 8.0.28. is there a resolution for this yet?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.