Hi Jamie,
I have written a groovy listener and trying to add it as Script Listener. I already have my .groovy file in attlasian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/com/nju/jira/listeners - according to package defined in groovy file.
I've read all discusion bellow the Listeners article here https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Listeners
and it seems my problem is different from others. First I've tried to write my class directly to the class name field, then i tried to write com.onresolve.jira.groovy.listener.GroovyListener in and then com.onresolve.jira.groovy.listener.ExampleListener as you suggest as a first attempt. All results in the same
Could not find class, check it is under a 'scripts directory': java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.onresolve.jira.groovy.listeners.ExampleListener
I have no idea what 'script directory' is. I ve searched all JIRA directory and there is no Scripts directory.
Thanx much, Tom
here is the snippet of my class
package com.nju.jira.listeners
import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.comments.CommentManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.comments.Comment
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueManager
import org.apache.log4j.Category
public class CommentCopyListener extends AbstractIssueEventListener {
Category log = Category.getInstance(CommentCopyListener.class)
@Override
void workflowEvent(IssueEvent event) {
//my functionality here
}
}