Hi all,
My question is related to users and directories and I am not sure if this is possible to be done. Currently we have users in the JIRA Internal Directory. Usernames are in the form firstname.lastname
We would like to enable a new directory with delegated LDAP authentication from our corporate active directory. New directory is configured and I am able to log in as my Active Directory account. But the problem is that under corporate active directory username are in the form FirstnameLastname - without the dot in the middle.
With the new configuration I have two active accounts in JIRA and I would like to tranfer all permissions/groups and activity from internal directory user to lapd user. As the usernames are not the same JIRA is not handle the one user as shadow to other user.
How is this possible to be done? Any directions to where I should look or what needs to be done?