Hi
When I switch LDAP directory I have lost project roles for users. Is this known issue.
Please let me know.
Thanks
Abe
Have you migrated the users and groups from one directory to the other?
Hi Nic
There was no direct migration option as there is no delegated LDAP, it is Microsoft AD. I just created users and their groups in new LDAP directory and disabled old LDAP one and enabled new one. Then I performed sync.
Users and their groups are fine. But when I look at project roles it is completely different.
Also can you please let me know what other associations can be lost.
Right, so you didn't migrate. The problem here is that a user in directory 1 is not the same object as a user in directory 2, even if the accounts are identical. Removing the old directory means the users have gone, so they'd be removed from the roles
Sorry, I meant to include a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/migrating-users-between-user-directories-426116517.html
then how does it maintain issues dashboards etc properly
i see issues assigned to users etc come through fine when they login, they can see dashboard fine
are these not associated to user in old ldap
in my new ldap userid's are same
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.