I'm new to jira-plugin development and I'm finding it a bit difficult to start with due to the lack of documentation and examples (at least it lacks in my opinion).
Right now I'm trying to show content on a dialog. What I've done so far is the following:
I think at this point everything is ok, in fact I see the content of the dialog. But the problem is that I can't find how to set the title of the dialog, add buttons to the footer which can call other actions. Also I can't find how to specify the dialog size.
Googling and checking the documentation seems everybody creates the dialogs using Javascript. Is this the only way? In my opinion is easier to use the velocity template.
Is there any way to get specify all the options that are available using Javascript but using a velocity template?
Anyone knows about good site for examples and documentation for this?
Thank you!
Hi,
In this link there are more interesting examples
http://www.j-tricks.com/tutorials.html
Good Luck
Hi zezeto,
thanks for the information. Unfortunately I didn't find anything there that can help me
I think that to use velocity template, you must devlop a webworkaction.
You can call this action with function openMultiWindow
I already have the webwork action created.
With openMultiWindow you mean a JavaScript function like the following?
function openMultiWindow() { var vWin = window.open('/secure/MyAction!method.jspa', 'UserPicker', 'status=yes,resizable=yes,top=100,left=200,width=580,height=750,scrollbars=yes'); vWin.opener = self; vWin.focus(); }
This opens a new window, but I haven't found any other reference to openMultiWindow. Am I missing something?
Using this I also had to remove the class="trigger-dialog". Otherwise I get an error
Can you post me the URL of the pop up window?
And I think that you have omitted the context path
replace your url with this url :contextPath+ /secure/MyAction!method.jspa', 'UserPicker'
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.