Hi All,
I've been trying to work out a way we can get our trello card numbers used in our reporting and searching for when we work on tasks.
Currently each card is a support ticket so we have been using the Card number as the ticket reference.
I've created a custom field called UID with a rule that states "When a card is created in the board" Update the UID field with "MFCS-{cardnumber}".
It then proceeds to update the card name with the following "[#MFCS-{cardnumber}] {cardname}".
However I've just noticed that this doesn't work when we create from template cards, because it is a copy command not a create command. We use templates with labels and checklists so having to do that manually would set all my efforts to make things efficient backwards a couple of years.
I can't use the trigger "When a card is added to this board" because we need to move cards between boards. I don't want it to trigger on a move as the UID needs to be unique and user friendly to read which is why I don't use {cardid}.
I only want this rule to trigger when a new card is created or copied in any of the lists.
From what I can see in the trigger the only options I have board wide is the following;
- Added to
- Created in
- Emailed into
- Moved into
- Moved out of
There is no copied into. There is a copied into in the trigger for lists just not the board option.
Is this an oversight or is there something I'm missing and not seeing to fix this issue.
Any advise or and assistance would be greatly appreciated.