Hello all!
To migrate my existing confluence 6.x instance from an old server to a new one, I stuck in "connecting" confluence in a frsh installation.
What I have done so far (on new system):
OS: System Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
MySQL: 8.0 (8.0.26-0ubuntu0.20.04.2)
Confluence binary: atlassian-confluence-7.12.4-x64.bin
JDBC driver: mysql-connector-java-8.0.26.jar
Confluence installation runs without any errors.
I can connect MySQL via command line with usename/password for confluence.
All GRANTs are set properly.
Confluence setup runs until "Setup your database" -> "test connection"
After a while with this error message:
Can't reach database server or port
SQLState - 08S01
com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago.
The driver has not received any packets from the server.
I've checked all advices like "connecting Confluence to a databse" and so on and double checked my installation parameters - and of course I've googled several hours ;-)
Does anyone have some ideas about this?
Thank's in advance!