When I run the process of installing Jira, and attempt to run the config.sh from command line, I always receive a message stating:
[root@slackasana bin]# sh config.sh
Loading application properties from /opt/atlassian/jira/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/jira-application.properties
DB config file '/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/dbconfig.xml' is not created yet - loading database settings as blank.
No graphics display available; using console.
----------------------
JIRA Configurator v1.1
----------------------
When I navigate to /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/data, I only see attachments, but not the mysterious dbconfig.xml file. Is this a file I am supposed to be creating, or should it render from the process of the Jira installation?
I complete this component but still do not see the dbconfig.xml file. Could someone please direct me on what I am missing that it doesn't want to create for me? Thanks for the direction. -J
sudo -s -H -u postgres
# Create the JIRA user:
/opt/PostgreSQL/8.4/bin/createuser -S -d -r -P -E jirauser
# Create the JIRA database:
/opt/PostgreSQL/8.4/bin/createdb --owner jirauser --encoding utf8 jira
exit