"Ability to vertically align images in the editor" https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-32237 is Unresolved.
That seems to be more about nice WYSIWYG editing, but is there any technical way to creat vertical space, either above images or (preferably) generally?
I have only partial answers, not covering < 9.5 mm (43px?) vertical space (except exactly ~7 mm (32px?)):
- Using Shift-Enter I get 7 mm (32 px?) vertical space, but that cannot be adjusted (except by adding several Shift-Enters or so).
- Enter or the like: ~9.5 mm (= 43 px?) additional vertical space.
Adding a HTML macro above the image and inserting the following code with one of the 0px's replaced by a suitable margin (e.g., 3.5 cm):
<p style="margin-bottom: 0px; margin-top: 0px">
- However, the I always get the additional ~9.5 mm.
A partial solution for images only does not work:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf57/confluence-wiki-markup-701435350.html
! myimage.png|align=right, vspace=4!
(without the space after the "!" above and below)
Whether I wrote that directly or use Insert > Wiki Markup, the following happens:
I see the vertical space always in the Edit mode but no longer in the Preview or Save mode!
! myimage.png|align=bottom, vspace=16,border=8,bordercolor=yellow!
"border" works (but the width is always 1 (or so it seems) if the border parameter is not 0; not the 8px as it should be),
bodercolor does not work (the border is always black),
again vspace works in the Edit mode but not in the Preview or Save modes.
I have Confluence 5.7 (Server). Tried both IE and Firefox.