I'm trying to perform re-index Jira, using this topichttps://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/reindex-jira-server-using-rest-api-via-curl-command-663617587.htmlbut i get next output.
A task could not be found for the given task id
Any variants how to solve this problem ?I could perform this action by hands, but i can't. I have to implement Jenkins job which will make a curl request, or resort to any other options for automating this process.Thanks
Hi @Vitalii Malii
Are you sending a GET request? That will try to return details of current indexing job.
You need to POST to start an reindex.
Hi @Tom Lister no, i'm sending POST request, like described in this knowledge base article https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/reindex-jira-server-using-rest-api-via-curl-command-663617587.html
I set off a test POST via PostMan tool as https://new-staging-log.blah.com/rest/api/2/reindex?type=FOREGROUND
and got a json response
{ "progressUrl": "/secure/admin/jira/IndexProgress.jspa?taskId=44500", "currentProgress": 1, "currentSubTask": "Currently working on: Issue index", "type": "FOREGROUND", "submittedTime": "2021-08-09T15:05:15.097+0000", "startTime": "2021-08-09T15:05:15.119+0000", "success": false}
If I check the server an indexing process is running.
So the article is correct.
Via curl I get the same
AST0004352:~ tom.lister$ curl -u tom.lister:password -X POST https://new-staging-log.blah.com/rest/api/2/reindex?type=FOREGROUND{"progressUrl":"/secure/admin/jira/IndexProgress.jspa?taskId=44500","currentProgress":4,"currentSubTask":"Currently working on: Issue index","type":"FOREGROUND","submittedTime":"2021-08-09T15:05:15.097+0000","startTime":"2021-08-09T15:05:15.119+0000","success":false}AST0004352:~ tom.lister$ AST0004352:~ tom.lister$
AST0004352:~ tom.lister$ curl -u tom.lister:password -X POST https://new-staging-log.blah.com/rest/api/2/reindex?type=FOREGROUND
{"progressUrl":"/secure/admin/jira/IndexProgress.jspa?taskId=44500","currentProgress":4,"currentSubTask":"Currently working on: Issue index","type":"FOREGROUND","submittedTime":"2021-08-09T15:05:15.097+0000","startTime":"2021-08-09T15:05:15.119+0000","success":false}AST0004352:~ tom.lister$
AST0004352:~ tom.lister$
I'm think something subtly different about your curl call.have you got screenshots to share?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.