Both Jira 8.18.1 and Bitbucket 7.14.1 have been setup behind an IIS reverse proxy. Both seem to work except for some links in both applications repeating the context path twice. Other links are as expected. The applications have been set up to be accessible externally via the company URL and a context path. i.e https://www.mycompany.com.au:8443/jira and https://www.mycompany.com.au:8443/bitbucket. I can access both apps and log in but when a menu link is clicked some will show a repeated context path: e.g. the following URL is shown
https://www.mycompany.com.au:8443/jira/jira/secure/project/BrowseProjects.jspa?s=view_projects
when I click the Projects menu item under settings. Other menu items do not show this repeated context path. For example all menu items from any of the menus in the Dashboard view have the expected URLs. However the top level menu links on this page show this behaviour when I hover over them.
I have tried deleting the context path from the server config files and then I can't access the apps at all. I have tried changing the base URL to exclude the context path but have issues with accessing widgets.
Config file contents:
Jira
< Connector port="9080"
relaxedPathChars="[]|"
relaxedQueryChars="[]|{}^\`"<>"
maxThreads="150"
minSpareThreads="25"
connectionTimeout="20000"
enableLookups="false"
maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
protocol="HTTP/1.1"
useBodyEncodingForURI="true"
redirectPort="8443"
acceptCount="100"
disableUploadTimeout="true"
bindOnInit="false"
proxyName="www.mycompany.com.au"
proxyPort="8443"
scheme="https" />
<Context
path="/jira" docBase="${catalina.home}/atlassian-jira" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">
<Resource name="UserTransaction" auth="Container" type="javax.transaction.UserTransaction"
factory="org.objectweb.jotm.UserTransactionFactory" jotm.timeout="60"/>
<Manager pathname=""/>
<JarScanner scanManifest="false"/>
<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.StuckThreadDetectionValve" threshold="120" />
</Context>
Bitbucket
server.context-path=/bitbucket
server.secure=true
server.scheme=https
server.proxy-port=8443
server.proxy-name=www.mycompany.com.au
I'm not sure what to try next. Has anybody else seen this behaviour? I have searched but can't find a similar problem. There are some rules that modify URLs for outbound responses in my URLrewrite settings but the double URL links show in a browser even when I hover over the menu items so there has been no opportunity for the link addresses to be modified. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.