As I have been spending some time today perusing the new to Jira collection I thought I would take a moment and share a few thoughts that I have for anyone coming on board.
The following is based on my own personal experiences. When I first started out the availability of training tools documentation were much more limited. Not to mention the Expansive knowledge base that now exist in the community.
Documentation
Today’s documentation is extremely powerful and provides the new user with the necessary tools to get started. Bookmark the following page and reference it frequently. Generally speaking the search within documentation can be very powerful as well although I have found at times that it is difficult to locate what I seek.
Cloud - Jira Documentation
Training
This area has come a very long way. Whereas it used to be a handful of partners and some old YouTube videos nowadays a new Jira user can come up to speed very quickly by leveraging the Atlassian University. There are some great videos and guides out there some free some paid. I highly recommend the new user to visit the site and see what might fit their needs.
Community
Finally one of the most powerful learning tools has to be the Atlassian Community. It has saved me countless times and I am amazed at the talented leaders that volunteer their time to assist others.