Hello,
I am trying to use "Invalid Character" in Project Key (Hyphen Symbol -)
First try:
- Stopped JIRA
- Add jira-config.properties file in JIRA_HOME with
jira.projectkey.pattern = ([A-Z][A-Z0-9-]+)
- start JIRA
but no success, it does not take it in after starting JIRA, then I tried directly change the value from database - propertystring table, it is working but then I cannot directly open any ticket!
I can view the project and its issues and see the content of the issue but when I click on issue link it says:
You can't view this project
It may have been deleted or you don't have permission to view it.
I ran Project re-indexing and also Full Jira indexing but it didn't help and when I revert back the pattern then everything is working fine.
So, how could I use Hyphen(-) in my project ID not results in such a mess!
ID like --> XX-XX and then it comes the sequence number.
Note: Maybe it helps, when I click on Issue Link it tries to open with
which of course such a project is not existed! and when I revert back to default then it opens with:
Jira Version: