Hi Folks,
We are implementing JSM Data Center 8.16 and I've hit a snag. We use role based groups extensively throughout Jira/Confluence. I thought it would be the same in JSM as I can define Users and Roles - Role: Service Desk Customers with a group, just like in Jira/Confluence which is exactly what I want. So I was surprised that this alone does not provide access, and it appears individuals need to be added manually to the Customers on the Project? Also it seems that Customers actually controls the access and not the User and Roles Service Desk Customers - so not sure why that's even needed?
Customers does not take an LDAP group like Users and Roles which makes no sense to me. Do I really need to add a few hundred people to the each Portal project based on who can access the portal? And no, it cannot be everyone that has access to JSM on our system as we have different levels of user classification on our network.
If we can't use groups, then it also means that we now need to have a workflow for new users on the network that goes through each portal and adds users into the appropriate customer lists?
I hope I'm missing something and this is solvable.
Thanks - Rick