Adding a clarification:
The advanced search plugin installs a number of macros, including one called advanced-search. I can't find any information on what that macro does. We've had no real trouble using the other macros in the plugin as described in the documentation, but the presense of that macro confuses people, since it is the obvious one to use -- I'd like to know what this particular macro is for. I know what the entire plugin is for. I believe Adaptavist needs to answer this question -- it seems like no one in the community knows the answer.
The original statement of the question:
In the macro browser (in 5.1.3) we show the Advanced Search macro. The Documentation link leads to the Advanced Search plugin, which makes sense, but the docs for the plugin (http://www.adaptavist.com/doco/display/ASP/Advanced+Search+Documentation) don't mention any macro by the name "Advanced Search"-- that's the name of the plugin, not any particular macro. So what is this macro for? What is the name used for it in the documentation?