Hi,
Our JIRA instance currently have Java version 1.6 and we're running JIRA 6.2. We weren't aware that it wasn't the correct version to have on the machine for JIRA till a few days ago. So I've been spending a good amount of time over the past few days trying to upgrade the Java that JIRA is using to 1.7 instead of 1.6. I've changed the "JAVA_HOME" enviroment variable to use it, and that didn't work. I tried changing the enabled state of the 1.6 java version in Control Panel > Java and that didn't do it. I also changed the "path" enviroment variable to use the 1.7 Java but it's still not loading JIRA with the correct version.
I've done some research on this subject before coming here and I just can't seem to find a solution. What should I do?
EDIT: If it helps at all, we're running on a Windows 2008 server and JIRA is run as a service.
Thanks.