I created a form in my team's project that will populate a ticket with the contents of the form. Once the ticket is created, the form is linked to that ticket, and the form can be viewed, and "reopened".
HOWEVER -
Any changes to that reopened form do not persist.
Any changes to that reopened form are not added to the JIRA ticket it is connected to.
What I'm trying to solve:
Y'all, JIRA is ugly and looking at it hurts my eyes sometimes. My team is not agile, but works in agile product teams, but when it comes to our own project, we do the bare minimum in the project because there are other more flexible and prettier tools people are drawn to using.
This causes us to work with way too many apps and I am trying to figure out ways to simplify JIRA use for my team. If I make a form, I can make the text look nicer, and give a person more individual fields and a better designed experience than editing a JIRA ticket directly does.
MY QUESTIONS:
What keeps a ProForma form from updating the values in the assigned JIRA ticket when it is reopened and saved a second time?
Is this a unique issue and/or unexpected behavior?
If this is expected behavior, can this functionality be changed, or can the feature be updated to allow this functionality, please?