The database type in your dbconfig.xml is set up to MySQL 5.7 and your MySQL version is different. Consider using MySQL 5.7 database type insteadSee our documentation for more information on changing database type.
dbconfig.xml
Hi @Shashi Hasthi welcome on the community. What is the version of your MySQL database?
mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.7.35
I see that the Database Connection is set to 5.7 and its not giving or showing me an option to select or enter manually as 5.7+
Version looks good in my opinion. Can you check this knowledge base article? It describes how to confiure MySQL in version 5.7.6 and later.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/connecting-jira-applications-to-mysql-5-7-966063305.html
Hello Shashi,
I received the same error when updating Jira. How was the update performed? Did you replace the web.xml file or customize the new file.
Try to download the ZIP archive here and replace the web.xml file manually.
https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/downloads/binary/atlassian-jira-software-8.18.1.zip
After that it should work!
I installed latest jdbc connector and did the Database Connection setup again in /jirainstallationdirectory/bin/ ./config.sh
Then the connection was successful then Jira started working fine.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.