We are evaluating Crucible right now, and I am running into some issues with the workflow built into the product.
Here is the workflow I would like:
- Author creates a code review
- Reviewers look over the code and comment or create defects
- Author replys to comments or fixes defects identified.
- Reviewers (or someone) confirms all defects and comments have been dealt with.
- Review is closed.
My issue comes with the steps 4 and 5. As far as I can tell there is no way to be sure the author acts upon the feedback from the review. I can't even find a good report that shows what defects were raised during the review. The software just seems to allow the review to be closed with issues left unresolved.
This is basically a show stopper, and seems like a pretty big issue. I am hoping that I am missing something in the software, or perhaps there is a different way to do things. How are other people using Crucible to make sure the feedback is not lost?
Thanks,
Shawn
[Side Note: Queries]
I have created a few reports that can assist us in getting the information we need, but this is really just a hack and not something I would like to use moving forward. You can see these below and they might help to understand the data I am looking for.
declare @reviewID integer
set @reviewID = 7 -- This would be set to the review you want details for
-- Get all comments that don't have a defect raised or reply
select u.cru_displayname, c.cru_message
from cru_review r
inner join cru_comment c on r.cru_review_id = c.cru_review_id
left join cru_comment cr on cr.cru_reply_to_comment_id = c.cru_comment_id
inner join cru_user u on c.cru_user_id = u.cru_user_id
where c.cru_deleted = 0
and c.cru_defect_raised = 0
and cr.cru_comment_id is null
and r.cru_review_id = @reviewID
-- List all defects from a review
select u.cru_displayname, c.cru_message from cru_review r
inner join cru_comment c on r.cru_review_id = c.cru_review_id
inner join cru_user u on c.cru_user_id = u.cru_user_id
where c.cru_deleted = 0
and c.cru_defect_raised = 1
and r.cru_review_id = @reviewID