** As a disclaimer, I'm aware that Jira Service Management does include a change management template, but we do not have Jira Service Management.
I'm curious if anyone out there in Jira Admin world has developed a solution for change management in Jira software? I have a user base of about 250 and often receive requests for customization or configuration changes to our Jira instance. These requests could be for global changes or project level changes. Regardless, it is a very manual process for me to track down anyone that could potentially be affected by these changes and make sure they understand and approve.
I have a 'Jira Admin' project that contains a 'Jira Request' issue type. Currently, the workflow is very simple for the Jira Requests (To Do, In Progress, Pending, Done), but I was considering adding approval steps to this workflow. The idea is to have new requests go through some type of approval before it even falls on my board for actions to be taken. The problem that I'm having a difficult time solving is that we need approvals from at least one development lead, one solution architect, and one business analyst supervisor. This would be easy enough to solution through the workflow by adding an 'Approved' status if we just needed a single approval, but we are wanting to make sure all teams are aware of possible changes.