I am currently reading some data from excel and calling POST method on "rest/api/2/issue/" to create issue with Excel data. However when i am trying to pass a string variable to fields(issue.Fields.Description= str ) . the description does not come up. Error: description cannot be empty
Hi Rakshit, can you share the JSON body you are sending with your request?
Hey , I am using this format
type Issue struct {Fields struct {Project struct {Key string `json:"key"`}`json:"project"`// Parent struct {// Key string `json:"key"`// } `json:"parent"`Summary string `json:"summary"`Description string `json:"description"`Issuetype struct {Name string `json:"name"`}`json:"issuetype"`}`json:"fields"`}
Thanks, Have you tried a simple JSON body example below -
{"id": "10000","key": "TST-24","description": "description","self": "http://www.example.com/jira/rest/api/2/issue/10000"}
May be you can try this first and see if you are getting any errors
Hey , thanks for the reply. I actually made a silly mistake around not using the proper variable assignments. Thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.