Hi everyone,
I'm wondering how I should approach the issue of having different usernames in the original and new LDAPs. We only have 10 users, so even a manual solution would probably do. Right now, if I tell users they can use the new LDAP, they'll login with the new names which will create new users and link their new content to a second user representing the same person. I want to avoid that!
We have an old LDAP which had names formatted "firstlast" and we are moving to a new model with usernames "flast". Both LDAPs are linked to JIRA right now and I can use either LDAP to authenticate. The old one "firstlast" LDAP is due to be disconnected soon, so I would like, before people start loging in and creating content with their new "flast" names, to map their current content to the new usernames.
How should I go about this? I didn't check if there was only simply a user table to ALTER or what. I want to get advice before messing with anything.
Thanks for the help!