I'm hoping someone could shed some light on how the "Keep As Reference" functionality is intended to be used in Portfolio.
Here is how I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to use this feature:
- Created Epics
- Added WAG estimates
- Nailed the proposal and landed the project (yay us!)
- Revisited the Epics with the Dev team to start the story breakdown and story estimates
- Wanted to retain the original WAG estimate for the Epic so I chose "Keep As Reference" and the estimate is stored as "Originally Planned". Cool right? Well wait for it...
- Added new stories with their estimates to the epic and now I'm noting that the "Originally Planned" value is the summation of the new detailed estimates.
Now I understand that I could simply add the original WAG as a note in the Epic description but I'm the sort that hates a mystery. Is this a bug? Am I just not using the feature correctly? Are you guys just messing with me?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-Joe