While attempting to change the label on the "Priority" field as per these instructions (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA051/How+to+Rename+the+%27Priority%27+Field+in+the+Issue+Navigator) I discovered that my installation has no jars with a name containing "jira-lang". I did a search on the entire installation directory, and there just aren't any, not even jira-lang-default.jar.
This is Jira 5.0. Why aren't there any language packs at all... how is it even working without any?
Check out under JIRA_HOME/plugins/.bundled_plugins folder
It comes from the atlassian bundled plugins zip under WEB-INF/classes.
Thanks Jobin. I found atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip, and it does have the language jars inside of it, but there isn't any .bundled_plugins folder in my installation either. Do you know if I'm supposed to just extract these packs to the WEB-INF/libs directory manually?
It is a hidden folder. What you need to do is to modify the jars inside the zip. Those jars will be exploded at startup.
Oh! I understand now. Thank you.
It turns out that documentation is outdated. The new process is described here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/66852/language-files-appear-not-to-be-present-in-jira_root-atlassian-jira-web-inf-lib
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.