Our small team's JIRA is running extremely slow on our dedicated server and we happened to notice Tomcat is taking 50% of our systems resources.
- It sounds like JIRA server requires Tomcat (runs within), is this correct?
- Although this server is old I would think it would be enough for this small instance and should run just fine ... with Tomcat taking 50% of the resources it seems that this is our biggest issue. If it is required to run Tomcat, as I think it is, is there anything I can do to free some resources?!
Currently we have:
- JIRA running as a service on a Windows 2008 64-bit dedicated server with a 2 GHz Processor and 2 Gb RAM.
- 5 users using a small instance of JIRA (<Gb db size).
- 50% of system resources being consumed by Tomcat.
Thanks in advance for your help!