I need to add several new "issue types" to the existing schema. I can't find the method I need through rest-api.
Hi!!!
This is the method that you are looking for if you are using Jira on Cloud.
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issue-type-schemes/#api-rest-api-3-issuetypescheme-issuetypeschemeid-issuetype-put
But if you are using Jira Server/Data Center this method doesn’t exist.You must follow the next flow by api rest:
https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/8.13.9/
1. Get the issuetypes of the project.
2. Create a new issuetype scheme with the issuetypes that you have got plus the new ones that you want to add.
3. Associate the new issuetype scheme with the project.
4. Delete the old issuetype scheme if you can and want to.I hope I have helped you.
Best Regards
Txus
Hi @Dmitrii
I think this is what you are looking for
Regards
Dave
We followed below for adding issue type in issue type schema via REST API but it's not working and showing error (HTTP Status 405 – Method Not Allowed)https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issue-type-schemes/#api-rest-api-3-issuetypescheme-issuetypeschemeid-issuetype-put
https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/8.13.9/We are getting below error while followingPUT method https://domain/rest/api/3/issuetypescheme/{issueTypeSchemeId}/issuetype
{issueTypeSchemeId}
Body :{ "issueTypeIds": [ "10000", "10002", "10003" ] }Error we getting is
"issueTypeIds": [ "10000", "10002", "10003" ] }
I followed below curl call but still showing an errorPUT https://domainname/rest/api/2/issuetypescheme/issuetypeschemeIDBody :
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.