I need to add a user as a default assignee other than the Project Lead or Unassigned. For that I tried to add a post-function in the workflow with the field "Assignee" set to the "username". But it didn't work. Can anyone please provide any further suggestion how to do this.
Thanks
Sonia
Are you using components? If not you could create a component and assign a component lead. Then use a post-function to set the default component when you create the issue.
I am surprised the setting the assignee in the postfunction did not work. Are you sure there was no other postfunction that was overwriting your assignment? You may have to change the order of the postfunctions and move your postfunction down the list.
I have changed the order of the post functions but even that didn't work. For the components , I really don't want to do that way because I have no components in the Project.
Can you post a screenshot of your postfunctions list on the Create transition?
Hi Chris,
Here is the screenshot of the post functions added to the create transition.
Your screenshot is empty when I click on it.
20160509_112530.jpg
Thanks. Could you confirm that your user has the Assignable User permission in the permission scheme for the relevant project.
Also, have you tried to manually assign the issue to this user in the Issue Detail View / Edit screen?
Yes, our user has the Assignable User permission in the permission scheme for the relevant project.
Also assigning the issues to him worked fine.
How would you use a post-function to set the default component when creating the issue ? I don't see such a post-function option.
Do you see a post-function to Update Field / Set Field Value?
Yes ("Update issue field"), but there is no option to update the field Components.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.