Can we load a different application within JIRA window. Meaning I will have a link on JIRA menu bar for our inhouse application and I wanted to access the application within the same window.
You could write a simple plugin with a web fragment that adds into the menu bar (like Agile, Portfolio and other plugins do) - see https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Tutorial+-+Adding+menu+items+to+JIRA
Or add it as a link on the "hamburger" menu dropdown - Admin -> Application manager
Thanks for sharing the pointers. The web item open the URL in separate browser tab but I wanted to embed the application access through JIRA(like Agile, Portfolio etc).
Ah, no, that's not how they work. Agile, Portfolio and so-on are NOT applications. They are *Addons* which you add to JIRA, and run entirely inside it. You cannot install them separately, they live and run inside Jira. If you want your application to run like them, then you will need to rewrite it as a Jira addon.
Or write the "menu item" trick so that it pulls up a page with an iframe in it. I keep forgetting you can do thinks like that (mostly because I don't like iframes)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.