I have saved an email in the import/mail folder of JIRA home directory. But when testing the Mail Handler, I am getting an error saying the 'Issues subject cannot be empty'. But my mail has an subject as well as body.
Can you please help me out?
Hello Heena,
My first suggestion would be to add https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Mail+and+Mail+Handlers+Troubleshooting to get a little more detail on what might be going on.
"I have saved an email in the import/mail folder of JIRA home directory." Can you explain a bit more of what you mean by this? I don't quite understand the context.
Thanks,Ramiro CastroSupport EngineerAtlassian
Heena,
Take a look at the File System Messages section on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email#CreatingIssuesandCommentsfromEmail-Configuringissueorcommentcreationfromemail
-- Pedro
Hello Jose, I have used the 'Messages written to the file system generated by an external mail service.' method to create the issues from mail. For that I have manually saved an outlook email (.msg format) in the import/mail forlder of JIRA home directory. After that I have configured the mail handler. But when I click on Test button present, it is showing an error message 'Issue summary is not present'. I am not sure, how it will process the mails from the import/mail folder. Can you please help me out?
I have the same issue, I'm not quite sure if the file extension used for messages in this folder is correct...
I tried copying a .txt file like this one under JIRA home mail folder [jira.home]/import/mail
---
From: sender@gmail.comSent: 24 November 2016 15:03To: support@example.comSubject: test mail file
Test mail file
--
and it worked.. However the sender mail address should be associated to a JIRA licensed account in order to work (not suitable when your service desk has many external users/customers)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.