Hi everyone,
I am trying to set up Insight Discovery to scan all machines and instances in my organisation. Unfortunatily I am having alot of trouble setting the directory and for some reason I am not finding enough explanation to where the directory should be stored. Is it local on my PC? should it be in the root directory? and what kind of access rights do I need to be able to scan a (remote) machine?
Thank you in Advace!
Hi Sadakbi,
There is a documentation that might help you with your setting up:
https://documentation.mindville.com/display/INSDISC/Discovery+System+Requirements
Here you can view the requirements to make Discovery work with your servers.
Also, I think you are using Discovery on a Linux system. Try to follow this: https://documentation.mindville.com/display/INSDISC/Using+Discovery+on+a+Linux+System
This documentation explain the discovery agent. However even though I install the agent I don't see the Insight Application under my manage application in Jira. How can I start setting up on the Jira Service Management Side. Appreciate your response
Hi Richie,
Actually, Insight is already integrated with JSM.
I am not sure about your environment but try to install Insight Discovery plugin from Atlassian Marketplace:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214668/insight-discovery?tab=overview&hosting=cloud
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.