I can't seem to create issues on jira.atlassian.com even though I'm logged in.
The button is simply missing.
May be you do not have permision :-)
That is probably the case. How do I get permissions?
it's your administrator who has the ability to give you permissions
@Hanae he is talking about atlassian jira :-)
This is a bit of a catch-22 - to get permissions to raise issues, you need to contact Atlassian, but to contact Atlassian, you mostly need to raise an issue.
However, you've not said where you are trying to create issues.
Atlassian have a lot of projects and my understanding is that there are at least two Jiras behind the projects.
One Jira is relatively public - you can browse a lot of it without a login, then sign up, and you'll be able to raise bugs and improvements for them to look at. You don't have to be a paid user, it's a generalised public forum, like Answers.
The other one is the support Jira. You can only raise issues there if you have an account that has a licence for one of the products (and you're limited to that product). If this is the one you need access to, then you need to use an ID that has a licence associated with it - go to my.atlassian.com and check that.
Can you grab a screenshot on JAC after you login? Else, do raise a support ticket. We can assist you in verifying your email address.
Thanks
Ok, I'll do that
So if @mangan sends you a ping here, you can give him permission to post tickets on jira.atlassian.com?
I also have this problem, and i believe the problem is that my atlassian account is not in the jira-users group. can anyone comment on how to resolve this?
Hi Pat,
Do raise a support ticket in support.atlassian.com. We can assist you from there.
I have an issue where I'm logged in and looking at this issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-31867 which is exactly what I'd like to see improved, but I am unable to add a comment. I can see other people's comments, but I have no way to add my own. I'm able to watch and vote on it, but just not add a comment. Any ideas anyone?
I have permissions to create issues on jira.atlassian.com (in theory), but I cannot create issues because I lack the "assign users" permission (I get an error message saying just that), and apparently creating involves assigning the issue.
This question is four years old, and things have moved on.
Most of us can no longer create issues for most projects in JAC, as it's not the route Atlassian want us to use any more.
Try https://support.atlassian.com/contact
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.