Hello, I'm using Jira within my project (RNA).
I am looking for a JQL Query that I can use to return all descendant issues of an epic.
In this project, we only have 1 issue type other than Epic, called "Task".
We also use Sub-Tasks within Tasks.
Example Structure:
Epic = RNA-1\
Task = RNA-4
Sub-Task = RNA-850
I would like a query that would return RNA-4 AND RNA-850 when I point the query to the epic (RNA-1).
Solutions I've tried that do not work for me include:
- issuekey in childIssuesOf("
RNA-1")
The solution I know will work, but is not dynamic and requires constant updating:
Epic Link = RNA-1 OR parent = "RNA-4"
issueFunction in issuesInEpics("Project = RNA") AND "Epic Link" = RNA-1 OR parent = "RNA-4"
Unfortunately, this solution requires me to update my query and add the additional "Tasks" or parents to my query each time I add a new task.
Could you please help me find a more dynamic way to query these issues?
Thank you.