Due to some browser comaptibility issues with a recent IE 10 rollout I need to set the browser content comaptibility mode for IE to IE8 for our Confluence version 4.3.7. I thought adding custom HTML to the header might do it but it's my understanding that once the browser mode is established submitting the parameter again will not change the mode. Any ideas if this can be done?
Thanks in advance
Regards,
Chris Meemken
Amalia,
Thanks for the reply. After some review in the developer forums on how Confluence is structured I was able to find where I could change the <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge ,chrome=IE7"> tag whihc sets the document modes for the users browser session. I change the IE=edge to EmulateIE9 and it solved our issue with our browser version until we can upgrade Confluence.
Since the meta tag that you added into Custom HTML will not be loaded first, then try to add this into Confluence Admin > Layouts > Main Layout (edit). You can add this tag right after the <head> tag.
Please note that this will only works in pages and spaces using Global & Look theme. The login and Admin pages are not based on this layout, but I don't think this should be a big problem
After some review in the developer forums on how Confluence is structured I was able to find where I could change the <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge ,chrome=IE7"> tag whihc sets the document modes for the users browser session. I change the IE=edge to EmulateIE9 and it solved our issue with our browser version until we can upgrade Confluence.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.