I was following this tutorial:
Adding content to the Jira View Issue page (atlassian.com)
I was able to create a WebPanel . So whenever a new Issue is created there will be a WebPanel.
That is not what I want. Instead I want the WebPanel only be created and visible when a certain transition is executed. At the end what happened in the transition will be shown as a message in the web panel.
Is there any way to do this ?
A post-function is a set of actions taken when an issue has a transition confirms. It has nothing to do with the view of an issue, and it's too late in the process of transitioning to ask the human for anything.
It's absolutely not "adding a panel to a post-function". But "adding a display dependent on data that a post-function has written" is possible with a bit of code. You'll need to code something that can write some data to the issue (in the post-function), then detect that this new data is there, and then (conditionally) add a web-panel to the issue view.
I know I can do this with writing an app to provide those components, and Scriptrunner can do it too (there may be other apps that can provide all the components,but as an adaptavist, I tend to have DR on tap, so I'm not familiar with others).
I'm fuzzy on the exact need, but https://library.adaptavist.com might be able to show you a few things that could help (even if you have no SR, it's not bad for some principles of where things happen in Atlassian stuff)
Thanks. So as I said I created a Web Panel. This is visible not in every single issue at the right bottom corner. How can I update the text of this Web Panel from my plugin Postfunction ?? Or if that not possible how can I show some status messages in an issue after returning from a post function ?
What have you put in the web-panel?
A common usage is to put a custom field in them, or a display based on existing fields (almost a "scripted field"). So to "update" your panel, you would write data into the issue fields and the panel would display them or a calculation.
My Web Panel ist just a text . And I just want to update this text in the postfunction. Sounds pretty easy. But hard to implement.
I did not know that you could put customfield in Web Panel. Sounds interesting. Customfields I could fetch in my postfunction I guess. How can I add customField to Web Panel ?? Web Panel is only defined in xml .
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.