JIRA takes up to 10 minutes to startup and during that time has huge CPU usage. I followed the standard installation process with JIRA starting up as a service.
Hi, what are the specs of this server? How much RAM is JIRA allocated? The CPU usage is probably standard (depending on number of plugins and what settings you've made).
I have the following allocated through tomcat7
--JvmMx 1024 ++JvmOptions="-XX:MaxPermSize=512m"
Hardware specifications, standalone physical machine. Win 7 64-bit. 1.60 GHz CPU. 16GB RAM
Plugins installed:
After JIRA has started, CPU usage drops down to an average of 8-19%.
Thank you for looking into it.
Do you have daily backups turned on? Looking at the logs on startup what is taking the most time? Subversion might be an issue.
Is it a 1.60Ghz single or dual core? Intel i3 perhaps? It could be that the CPU is a bit weak.
From the screenshot I don't think Tomcat is running in 64bit mode right? That may or may not help.
Nah there is no backup whatsoever. JIRA is linked to Crucible + Fisheye though.
It's a single core AMD.
Not sure about Tomcat, am running the version that lives inside the /bin/ folder of JIRA.
Which bundle did you download? There's a 32bit and 64bit installer for Windows.
A single core AMD... considering all the plugins, etc that you have it might be about right. The single core AMD is rather weak. I suspect you don't have powerful disks either.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.