I am aware that only certain versions of Jira allow for deactivating a user, but I am unable to discern which version I have. Where can I get that information and how do I deactivate a user.
If you are running JIRA < 6.0, you can disable users by removing them from all groups. Since JIRA 6 you can disable users by navigating to Administration » Users, click on Edit next to the user you are trying to disable, and select the checkbox - see this page.
Jira version is printed at the bottom of (almost) every page in Jira. Scroll down.
If it's not there, then look in Admin -> System information.
Then read the appropriate user maintenance doc for the version you're on.
ah. Thank you both for your help. I am running < 6.0 but was able to remove the user from the groups to deactivate them.
I'm glad to hear that.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.