Hi,
I have a 50 user license and have Confluence integrated with JIRA and JIRA Agile. JIRA is the primary user database and this syncs to Confluence.
I'd like to change my setup to be controlled via Active directory(LDAP) but my AD user base is 300+ users.
I have a few questions:
- How do I go about setting up AD so this will work? Is this fairly simple or quite complex due to the fact I have only 50 users that require JIRA/confluence access from AD?
Currently when I buy a license for JIRA, I also need to buy a license for Confluence, even though the user may not ever use Confluence(I'm guessing this is because of the authentication being shared across both systems)
The reverse is also true. I may not want to give users access to JIRA; only Confluence.
- In moving to AD, can I break the tie between JIRA and Confluence and manage this separately in AD and will I need to keep the number of users in-line with each of the products - or can confluence / JIRA access be controlled separately?
Thanks,
Miguel