We are experiencing a huge difference in response time running query like this one:
{code}
project = projectName AND Status != Done AND status != Accepted AND (team = teamName OR team is EMPTY) AND (issueType = Defect OR issueType = Enhancement) AND resolution = Unresolved AND assignee is EMPTY ORDER BY created
{code}
For most users that request completes in around 0.2 s but for one particular user it takes like 10 s
In all cases the query returns only 75 issues
Originally I have assumed that this is a permission issue since JIRA is pretty famous for inefficient access control, so I have made sure that this user has the same permissions, group memberships and project membership as other users. Fixing those did not affect performance of the query.
Next I have tried to enable build in profiler. From logs I have found out that for this particular user following entry took most of the time
{code}
2012-04-06 11:33:25,082 TP-Processor1 DEBUG ehauer 693x7814x1 1whjcj2 10.8.127.167 /secure/IssueNavigator!executeAdvanced.jspa jira.web.filters.ThreadLocalQueryProfiler 4500:8829ms getVersion 3,2,2,2,2,2,2,44,2,3,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,3,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,3,2,3,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,4,2,2,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,3,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,3,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,3,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,3,2,3,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,3,2,3,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,3,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,4,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,3,2,2,2,14,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,3,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,3,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,4,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,14,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,4,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,3,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,4,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,3,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,15,2,3,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,3,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,3,2,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,3,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,14,3,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,4,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,4,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,4,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,4,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,3,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,3,2,3,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,3,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,3,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,3,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,1,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,15,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,3,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,3,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,3,2,3,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,3,2,3,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,16,3,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,3,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,4,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,3,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,4,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,16,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,3,2,2,3,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,4,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,3,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,17,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,3,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,3,2,3,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,3,2,2,3,2,2,1,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2
2012-04-06 11:33:25,082 TP-Processor1 DEBUG ehauer 693x7814x1 1whjcj2 10.8.127.167 /secure/IssueNavigator!executeAdvanced.jspa jira.web.filters.ThreadLocalQueryProfiler com.atlassian.jira.project.version.VersionManager: 4500 keys (1 unique) took 8829ms/11172ms : 79.02792% 8829ms/query avg.
{code}
The interesting thing is that when running that query as any other user I don't see that entry at all.
I am guessing that this has something to do with checking version permissions but I am unable to pin point what permission/setting is affecting this.
Do you guys have any insight where to look?