Getting the response below when making the a request to get an Issue from Jira by Key.
errorMessages":["Issue does not exist or you do not have permission to see it."]
I don't believe its a permissions issue as I'm able to get it to work perfectly fine in Postman, yet when I follow the documentation on this page: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v2/api-group-issues/#api-rest-api-2-issue-issueidorkey-get
I get the above response.
Note: I'm using an Admin Account for the Free tier of Jira.
Hi @Zackary ,
The error message is clear about the issue and it is either the account that is trying to make a rest call does not have access to browse the project's issue, or application access or the issue is deleted. Are you using the same type of authentication/credentials in postman as well?
What is the GET restapi call that you are using?
@Niranjan
Yes I'm using the same credentials in postman and PHP.
Using Basic Auth:
Authorization: Basic b64_encode([username]:[api_token])
Postman:
// Using Unirest\Requestpublic function getIssue($issue_id){ $headers = array( "Accept" => "application/json", 'Authorization' => 'Basic ' . env('JIRA_B64_TOKEN') ); $response = Request::get( $this->host . 'issue/' . $issue_id, $headers ); var_dump($response);}
Issue does exist:
@Zackary - can you try to pass the issue ID directly in your PHP instead of passing it as variable?
@Niranjan Same result.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.