I have several open-source projects and am interested in using some Atlassian products for them. Do I need to request one Open Source License for each, or can I use one License for all of my open-source projects?
It depends on how you are going to use the products.
If you are planning to run one Jira, one Confluence, etc, and keep all your OS projects in one place, then you need one licence per system. (e.g. 6 OS projects, with one JIRA + one Confluence = 2 licences)
If, however, you are going to run completely separate instances of JIRA, Confluence, etc for each OS project, then you'll need a licence for each system and project (e.g. 6 OS projects, 6 JIRA installations and 6 Confluence installations = 12 licences)
Thank you for the helpful answer. I just want one instane for each product covering all my open source projects, but each project has its own home page with each apropriate OS license so I cannot guess how to request one Open Source License for all of them.
You can run one instance of Confluence and have totally separate "spaces" for each product. Similarly with Jira projects. I'd take your main Open Source product and request a licence for that.
hi- what if I have multiple projects in the instance but only want to make one public?
Is that possible? We have internal teams who have their own tasks that is not open source related which we want to keep private.
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.