I'm using trello for client workflow in a professional services firm. Each client has a card, which describes the workflow and status, and then I use a kanban board to track what needs to be addressed right away, what I need to work on in the near term, and what is on hold. The workflow is in the form of a checklist on each card (because the workflow is different for each client, it's gotta be a custom "to-do" type list).
I'd like to figure out a way to automate checking off one of my to-do lists with an activity log or, better yet, an entry on another board for time tracking/billing purposes.
For example:
CLIENT/MATTER
Checklist
* call susie
* file application
* send service copies to brad
* follow up on [calendar entry]
When I check off "call Susie" I would like Trello to automatically create an item on a card or a card itself (not sure which) for purposes of time tracking. That card or item on a card would be called TIME would give me the opportunity to take the automatic template "CLIENT/MATTER * call Susie" and use a timer create a billing slip for that activity. At the end of the day, theoretically, all my time would be tracked and could be annotated as necessary as we copy/paste into the firm's billing system. Does this unicorn exist?