Hi Confluence,
Is there CSS that allows a Confluence page's H1 to display in the header (Enter Custom Header)? Sure makes long, exported PDFs easier to read...
Thank you,
--Julie
Julie,
You should be able to modify the Print Stylesheet to do this in PDF
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Customising+Exports+to+PDF
Mary
Yes, there is. This CSS displays h1s in the top-center position of the header:
h1 { position: running(header1); } @page { @top-center { content: element(header1); } }
But I doubt it will be easy to read.
With this the h1 headlines are moved (not copied!) from the page to the header and so it is hard to tell where on the page a new h1 chapter begins.
Thank you, Mary and Steffen. I will experiment and update the thread.
I can duplicate Steffen's "move H1 headings to the header," but I am not able to modify it appropriately or use Mary's reference to the Print Stylesheet instructions to create an elegant running header. Has anyone online actually accomplished it?
@Julie:
What have you tried? Have you defined your formats with
h1, h2 { /* define color, size, etc. here */ }
Doesn't that work?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.