Hello all,
I am new to JIRA. I have created some test projects for learning purposes. However when I want to link an item etc. in the dropdown list I see items from other projects! Why would I want to see other items unless I actually ask to see them?
Thanks,
Hi Tesh,
The dropdown will display all the issues you have recently viewed/interacted with.
The application won't know what you looking for until you tell it, so it provides some suggestions.
Issue links don't necessarily have to be within the same projects. That's why you'll see more than one project in the list.
Just type the Issue Key and Jira will find it (Assuming it's an Issue you have permission to view).
Regards,
Gary
Hi!
This happens because you have visibility of all issues and projects. So when you search, unless you narrow down with the first letters your search, you'll get a bunch of issues.
You can restrict this, if you apply issue level security on the issues, and if you remove any individual from the browse project permission from a specific project.
Alex
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.