Hello Atlassian community
I've built a form with a smart multiselect field and 6 other status fields. When the status field s1 is set as 'Applicable', I want a specific country (say USA) to be populated in my smartfield. When status field s2 is set as 'Applicable', the smart field should have another specific country (say UK) added to it. When status field s3=Applicable, smart field should have yet another country (say France) added to the list, and so on.
I considered using rules to populate my smart field - that was a disaster! Imagine the number of rules I must write to get all combinations of my 6 status fields! And just to add to the complexity, the number of status fields could increase and more countries get added.
Then I thought - why not set the country associated with each status field in separate fields, and then just add all these countries together into the smart field. Again, when I tried that, the smart field just takes the first field value and ignores the rest of the countries. And they have to stay as countries (and not text/formula) as these are used as input in anothr form.
Can anyone help me with this quandary?