in order to define a proper disaster recovery and contigency procedure I need to know/understabd where/how are phiscally strored the file pushed to a stash repository.
Hi Arnaud,
The repositories are stored under the $STASH_HOME/data/repositories directory:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Stash+home+directory
As of Stash 2.7 we have released a backup client as well which might be useful.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Data+recovery+and+backups
Cheers,
Charles
Hi Charles,
Thanks a lot for your quick answer.
This is what I thought at the begining (that the files should be somewhere under the stash-home directory). However looking to directories under $STASH_HOME/data I could not find any source file (.java files in my case).
I am using an external dtabase does it make any difference?
I even ran a find / -name "*.java" on my server and got only two files:
/home/stash/.java
/usr/share/atlassian-stash-2.4.2/work/Catalina/localhost/_/org/apache/jsp/fatal_jsp.java
Strange isn't it?
Arnaud
Not strange at all. The folders under $STASH_HOME/data/repositories are "bare" Git repositories, almost like mini databases, and as such you won't be able to see your files directly. Instead if you switch to any of the repositories you will be able to run git commands (ie git ls-files) as you would if you cloned them locally.
PS. Just as a word of warning I wouldn't recommend modifying those repositories directly, as that may cause Stash to misbehave.
Charles,
I have the same question on how to see files under stash/data/repositories/1 although I do understand the structure is protected from direct interaction?
If I run git ls-files under stash/data/repositories/1 directory, it shows nothing although I could run other commands such as git branch which shows all the branches.
In order to define a proper disaster recovery and contigency procedure, I need to know/understand where and how is the file physically stored that's pushed to a stash repository.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.