I am trying to upgrade Bitbucket 5.16.2 to 7.14.0 on a clean install of Ubuntu 20.04. I restored the Bitbucket folders from backup, so technically, Bitbucket has never run on this install before in my environment.
I run the ... /bin/start-bitbucket.sh script and Bitbucket appears to start fine. When I go to access the app via Chrome, I get this:
A fatal error has occurred
The following problem occurred, which prevents Atlassian Bitbucket from starting:
- You are using Git 2.25.1. This version is not supported due to changes which break core Bitbucket functionality. Downgrade to a supported version and restart, or check for later versions of Bitbucket that support Git 2.25.1.
This is *NOT* the version of git that is installed... When I run git --version I get:
git version 2.32.0
When I look at the Bitbucket install notes (https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/supported-platforms-776640981.html) it clearly lists *BOTH* v2.25.1 AND v2.32.0 as supported versions of git.
I am either missing something completely or I don't know how to read!