I have followed instruction on https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/restore-passwords-to-recover-admin-user-rights-972329273.html to recover system admin password.
I am able to login with the recovery_admin user but not access to JIRA admintration tab to make changes.
Can someone please help?
This looks like you are the first admin to try to log into an empty system. It won't offer you the admin functions until you've created at least one project (use the middle option on that screen for a throwaway project you can delete later)
Thank Nic for you reply. This is a system which has already projects running for some years now.
An usual user login look like
So what happens after you get it to create a throwaway project? Does it take you into the application in full, so you get the admin option at the top right?
Thanks again Nic. I did stop jira manually, edit setevn.sh
changed <JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS=-Datlassian.recovery.password=Password>
JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS="-Datlassian.recovery.password=JiraMy1234"
Started jira manually again and recovery_admin user had access to the adminstration tab and I was able to reset the password.
I am not sure if this made the difference .
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.