How can I restrict an access to 1 field (custom field)? I want that only one role (or one user) can edit this field. Other users (roles) can view this field.
I believe the Behaviors plug-in provides this ability
Hi Thomas,
At the moment it's not possible to achieve this level of restrictions within JIRA built-in tools solely.
However, you can try this plugin as it might be exactly what you are looking for:
Also, please check https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-1330 for discussions, reasons why you can't do it, and LOADS of workarounds.
I hope it helps!
The usual fix for this one is to remove the field from "edit" screens, add it to a "transition" screen, and have "edit <custom field>" as a workflow transition, to which you add "only role X can use this" as a condition.
Thanks a lot, I'll try it.
Well, the script runner addon now, as they've been merged
Can you please share how this is will be applied?
There's not a lot more we can tell you - edit the workflow, adding the transitions you need to make "edit" happen in the workflow, and set them up with conditions that limit them to the people who should be allowed to edit the field, and a screen that has the field on it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.